[gst-devel] configuring plugin priority

Tim-Philipp Müller t.i.m at zen.co.uk
Thu Aug 28 12:06:03 CEST 2008

On Thu, 2008-08-28 at 14:56 +0530, Sachin Pandhare wrote:

> is there any method by which i can prioritize plugins?
> e.g. there are X, Y, Z plugins. and i want my playbin to use Y rather
> than other 2.
>
> Can i use gst_plugin_feature_set_rank for this?

Yes. (Or pass the rank you want to gst_element_register in your plugin's
plugin_init function).

> will it work properly?

It should if your plugin behaves as expected.

> as i read from the manual i can set any value apart from
> GST_RANK_NONE, GST_RANK_MARGINAL, GST_RANK_SECONDARY,
> GST_RANK_PRIMARY ?

Yes, you may use e.g. GST_RANK_SECONDARY+5 or GST_RANK_PRIMARY*2 if you
want, it's just a number. Decoders/demuxers neeed to have at least a
rank of MARGINAL though to be used by playbin/decodebin.

Cheers
 -Tim