[gst-devel] Media Player development Questions

Raj Swaminathan rajshyam at gmail.com
Thu Aug 28 20:08:05 CEST 2008

Hi,

I am new to Glib programming and gstreamer. I am trying to build a basic
media player application. So far i have gstreamer pipelines up and rendering
various media formats.

My questions are:

1) Im trying to reference the gstalsamixer plugin for volume control and
muting. I understand its an interface and im trying to find out whats the
best way to access the interface methods like
gst_alsa_alsa_mixer_get_volume etc ...
    Could somebody please provide a code snippet that can show this ?

2) When designing the media player, whats the best way to accept user input.
Do i spool a separate thread for rendering media while the main thread waits
for user input or is there a better way within gstreamer to do this?

Thanks for your time.

regards,
raj