[gst-devel] JACK Audio Dropouts

Tristan Matthews tristan at sat.qc.ca
Mon Dec 1 23:07:55 CET 2008

Esben Stien wrote:
> Yes, if I leave out the sync=false part on the jackaudiosink module,
> it only plays half a second and then stops, just sitting there,
> outputting no audio.
>
> I did however try this:
>
> nice --15 gst-launch filesrc location=audiodump.wav ! decodebin ! audioconvert  ! audioresample ! jackaudiosink sync=false
>
> Now it plays the audio fine, but using very much CPU. The audio is
> playing perfectly. There seems to be some scheduling problems here. Is
> gst-launch not requesting proper scheduling priorities?.

You may need a queue element somewhere in your launch line. Also I would
recommend writing a C program to
build and run your launch-line instead of using gst-launch, as
gst-launch is primarily used for debugging. You can also
try

gst-launch -v filesrc location=audiodump.wav ! decodebin ! audioconvert  ! audioresample ! jackaudiosink sync=false

or

GST_DEBUG=3 gst-launch -v filesrc location=audiodump.wav ! decodebin ! audioconvert  ! audioresample ! jackaudiosink sync=false

to get more debugging info. I have an example of a working jackaudio
pipeline here:

https://trac.sat.qc.ca/trac/miville/browser/trunk/prototypes/gstreamer/shellScripts/jackHarmonics.sh?rev=195

-Tristan

--