[gst-devel] gstreamer v4l2src and Ubuntu : Hardy Heron versus Intrepid Ibex

nico nico at inattendu.org
Tue Dec 2 00:01:47 CET 2008

Hello
I develop a project who use a webcam to make snapshots.

The application was running ok on Ubuntu Hardy , but when I moved to
Intrepid video acquisition no more work .

Application is basicaly based on a command line like :
gst-launch-0.10 v4l2src name=source device =/dev/video0 !
video/x-raw-yuv , width=640, height=480 ! ffmpegcolorspace ! xvimagesink

This command line correctly display the video on Hardy, but no display
on Hardy.  Can somebody help me to understand what is going wrong ?

Id I remove the ffmpegcolorspace it seems to run ok. But in my program,
I use a more complicated gstreamer pipe and I think I need the
ffmpegcolorspace pad.

I put more  detailed test results on comparison behavior between hardy
and Intepid here :
https://bugs.launchpad.net/myrtille/+bug/303741

Thanks in advance for help.

Nico