[gst-devel] Help! (Eric Zhang)

Damien Lespiau damien.lespiau at gmail.com
Wed Dec 3 14:24:16 CET 2008

2008/12/2 李传峰 <lichuanf at neusoft.com>:
> Hi, all:
>        Thank you for Eric Zhang's help.
>        I run the command: `gst-inspect mp3parse', and can not find the
> element. Now I am reading 《Running and debugging GStreamer Applications》
> form
> http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/doc/gstreamer/head/gstreamer/html/gst-
> running.html. I found the environment variables do not be set, I hope that
> is the reason.
>        Can you tell me how many environment variables should be set and
> their value?

GStreamer needs to known where its plugins are, you can either :

- use the --gst-plugin-path="xxxx" switch of gst-inspect-0.10.exe
- set the GST_PLUGIN_PATH environment variable either using Windows' GUI or
by setting it by hand at the start of your program (eg. using g_setenv :
http://library.gnome.org/devel/glib/unstable/glib-Miscellaneous-Utility-Functions.html#g-setenv)

eg.
gst-inspect-0.10.exe --gst-plugin-path="c:\\install
path\\lib\\gstreamer-0.10" plugin_name

I can't remember if you need to escape '\' in the path above, but you
may have to.

HTH,

--
Damien