[gst-devel] plugin/element names

mattias barthel at tid.es
Wed Dec 3 18:13:15 CET 2008

Hi,

Is there a way to make a group name of plugins (like with effectTV) but
to have all the
distinct elements in different shared libs?

I tried to call macro GST_PLUGIN_DEFINE at the end of each element
source file with the group name I wanted
but it did not work.

How could be the right way to go about this, please?
-------

static gboolean plugin_init(GstPlugin* plugin)
{
  /* exchange the strings 'plugin' and 'Template plugin' with your
plugin name and description */
  GST_DEBUG_CATEGORY_INIT (gst_tidsidebyside_debug, "tidsidebyside", 0,
"Put 2 input video side by side in a double width frame ");

  return gst_element_register (plugin, "tidsidebyside", GST_RANK_NONE,
GST_TYPE_TIDSIDEBYSIDE);
}

GST_PLUGIN_DEFINE (GST_VERSION_MAJOR,
                   GST_VERSION_MINOR,
                   "tid",
                   "Example ONE of a TID plugin",
                   plugin_init,
                   VERSION,
                   "LGPL",
                   "GStreamer",
                   "http://gstreamer.net/")

--
 Mattias Frank Barthel
 Vía Augusta 177 08021 Barcelona (España)