[gst-devel] Compiz Video Performance

Cameron Gorrie sastraxi at gmail.com
Thu Dec 4 04:51:53 CET 2008

> Given that this is the third such standard - Intel introduced one
> about 1.5 years ago, ATI introduced one a couple of fglrx releases ago
> - I wouldn't hold my breath.

Regarding VDPAU, MythTV has already implemented it and it's apparently
working very nicely in that program. Seeing as it creates the output path,
I'd imagine that it would deal with whatever causes sync-to-vblank issues
itself.

For the original poster, I would hasten to say that this could not be fixed in
gstreamer. The update to DRI2 will apparently make it a lot easier for sync-
-to-vblank to work on a composited desktop (though having proprietary drivers
implement it is the vendor's call). Is there an updated NVidia driver you can
use?