[gst-devel] GST alsasink problem

vinod james vinod.james at gmail.com
Fri Dec 5 07:30:16 CET 2008

Hi,
I have done a source installation of gstreamer and gstreamer-base plugins
version 0.10.21
I am trying few things mentioned in the faq document
If I say
$aplay -v test.wav,
I am able to play the wav file through alsaplay, which shows that alsa
driver is installed in my PC

If I do
$gst-inspect alsasink
shows that alsasink is installed.

And when i do
$gst-launch filesrc location=test.ogg ! decodebin ! audioconvert !
audioresample ! filesink location=test.raw
it writes the decoded raw samples into the file and I am  able to play
test.raw in application like cooledit

But if I do
$gst-launch filesrc location=test.ogg ! decodebin ! audioconvert !
audioresample ! alsasink
it goes into infinite loop.
The alsasink plugin is not able to detect the alsadriver I guess.
How do I debug this problem?
Pls help me

Regards
Vinod James