[gst-devel] framerate and deinterlace2

Julien Isorce julien.isorce at gmail.com
Fri Dec 5 21:43:54 CET 2008

Hi,

I would like to know why deinterlace2 changes the framerate ? (see
gst_deinterlace2_getcaps then gst_fraction_double).

I do not a lot about the deinterlacing methods. But in an interlacing video
flux, an odd frame follows an even frame. Using a frame and its previous
frame, the result is one deinterlaced frame.
And so why N interlaced frames you got N-1 deinterlaced frames.
Finally there is no reason to change the framerate.
I am sure I am wrong or missing something important but something I got a
framerate about 50/1 in the deinterlace2 ouput while the input framerate is
25/1.

Could someone explain this behaviour ?

Maybe it depends  on the method used (deinterlace2 "method" property).

Thx

Sincerely

Julien