[gst-devel] need app recommendations

george lockwood grlockwood at hotmail.com
Sun Dec 7 22:08:25 CET 2008

i'm trying to make video files compatible with final cut pro on my
linux box and having problems finding a way to do this. these are
the details:

i have timelapse sequences in 2k format (2048x1536). the sequences
are tga files that i have been opening in quicktime player on a macpro
and exporting in uncompressed .mov format in both 8bit 4:2:2 and
10bit 4:2:2 (yuv).

the above ties up the mac for a long time so i'm looking to offload that
process to my linux box but can't find the apps that would be able to
both open the sequence and output it to the desired formats.

it's possible that avi format might be acceptable to final cut pro, it's
something i'd have to test.

in researching this problem, i was lead to openquicktime, which seems
pretty much dead, as far as the mailing list, at least. that lead me to
gstreamer.

can anyone recommend how i can accomplish the above tasks on a
linux box? it would appear that gstreamer apps are what would be
needed but what apps would i use?

thanks,
BabaG