[gst-devel] GStreamer-CRITICAL **: gst_util_uint64_scale_int: assertion `denom > 0' failed

Noe Nieto tzicatl at gmail.com
Wed Dec 10 06:32:45 CET 2008

Sorry If I don't understand but:

This error appears constantly if I launch the pipeline with gst-launch on
this way:
gst-launch gnomevfssrc name="camsrc" do-timestamp=true location="
http://server/" ! multipartdemux ! jpegdec ! \
timeoverlay valign="bottom" text="Frame Time" shaded-background=true ! \
clockoverlay text="clock time:" shaded-background=true ! ffmpegcolorspace !
\
ximagesink force-aspect-ratio=true

The error also appears with the python app that uses the same pipeline. I
use  gst.parse_launch() to construct the pipeline. I also re-read the
manpage for gst-launch and gst_parse_launch() and I did not notice any
special way to give string parameters to elements other than the one it's
being used. Besides that I am not passing any kind of number parameter to
the elements of the pipeline, I am just passing string parameters.

That's why I am confused. The app runs very well, but the messages can be
annoying.

Any clues?