[gst-devel] [libgstffmpeg] cross compiled dll not working?

Damien Lespiau damien.lespiau at gmail.com
Wed Dec 17 23:33:59 CET 2008

2008/12/14 Thomas Loewe <lazyt at gmx.net>:

> Hi,

Hi !

> i have cross compiled gst-ffmpeg-0.10.6 under xubuntu 8.10, but there's
> nothing ffmpeg related with gst-inspect to find after installing it under
> windows xp. Seems to be the libgstffmpeg.dll is ignored.
>
> The dll contains no gst_plugin_desc export, could this be the problem?
>
> Any hints about this?

I cross-compiled today gst-ffmpeg 0.10.6 with mingw32 and it seems to work.
A few notes:
    * since 0.10.5 (I guess) gst-ffmpeg depends on libbz2, I would love to see
that dep. killed see bug #564867

    * since a few weeks ffmpeg.c uses usleep() that requires the latest mingw32
runtime, I had to configure gst-ffmpeg with:
$ ./configure  --host=i586-mingw32msvc --disable-valgrind
--with-ffmpeg-extra-configure="--disable-ffmpeg"

    * the resulting DLL has the gst_plugin_desc symbol:
$ i586-mingw32msvc-nm ./ext/ffmpeg/.libs/libgstffmpeg.dll | grep gst_plugin_desc
000000006b11e000 D _gst_plugin_desc
and gst-inspect-0.10.exe gives me the ffmpeg elements (I have to
confess I did not
test it any further)

There is one pitfall that you may have fallen in: you need to disable
the binfmt support
which can be done in ubuntu with :
$ sudo /etc/init.d/binfmt-support stop

As a temporary solution, I can send you the DLL

HTH,

--
Damien