[gst-devel] About MPEG4 encode and decode

Michael Smith msmith at xiph.org
Mon Dec 29 19:22:06 CET 2008

On Tue, Dec 23, 2008 at 5:01 AM, mingcheng hu <humc at yuehetone.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>       I am facing difficulty to choose the correct encode and decode for my
> requirement. My requirement is to hav a live capture through video camera
> and stream in on Client player.I want to know what plun-in can encode and
> decode MPEG4 format.

This depends on a lot of things you haven't told us.

Do you need to be able to legally redistribute the resulting program?
If so, you'll need to buy properly-licensed MPEG4 encoders and
decoders.

It will also depend on what platform you want to run on, quality
requirements, performance requirements, etc.

Mike