[gst-devel] [gst-cvs] slomo gst-plugins-bad: gst-plugins-bad/ gst-plugins-bad/ext/soundtouch/

Florent fthiery at gmail.com
Fri Feb 1 17:43:21 CET 2008

> Hi florent,

Hi

> the problem is that the algorithm used only gives you bpm estimates, it does not
> tell you when the beat occured. Furthermore the plugins would need to know about
> the latency to the sink then, or somehow marks the beats as payload on the
> buffer it analyzed, so that the audiosink could send the message in sync with
> the audio rendering. Not easy, but doable.

Another option appears to me, please correct me if i'm wrong:
extracting frequency information of the detected beats from the
plugin, putting it into the audio pipeline as a fork (tee), applying a
low pass filter based on the fore-cited frequency, and using then the
level plugin (with a threshold) as beat signal...

What do you guys think ?