[gst-devel] req: documentation for unfreeze phase discussions about gstreamer vs xine

Jelle de Jong jelledejong at powercraft.nl
Mon Feb 4 15:49:49 CET 2008

Hello everybody,

I have a request for the gstreamer developers.

There have been a lot of discussion about the switchings of applications
from a xine-lib backends to a gstreamer backend.

I would really like a good document with information about the
differences between gstreamer and xine.

In this documentation I would like to see a some structure that first
explains things in a non technical/noop way and then in a concrete
focused technical way and what does it mean for the end users and the
developers. Also what are the current problems and what is the
planning/process on there solutions.

Hope this is not a overwhelming question. I just want to help removing a
lot of confusion about gstreamer and xine.

Kind regards,

Jelle