[gst-devel] Reusing a pipeline

Florent fthiery at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 17:57:57 CET 2008

> I did set the pipeline to NULL.  When I set the pipeline instead to READY, I
> get the message:
>
> WARNING **: Changing the `location' property on filesink when a file is open
> not supported.

I get the same issue too with a pipeline; tried a lot of different
approaches for achieving the following: a video pipeline that gets
both rendered on the screen and ocasionally backuped. What happens at
best is that when you start backup, stop backup (1st file), restart
backup (2nd backup file), the 2nd file stays empty. In other cases, i
get the very same warning as you do.

The current solution is stopping the pipeline, and restart another
(quite horrible).

> I suppose that I have to close the file, but I don't see a way to do that.

I second this, what's the proper way to do this ? Is some "flushing" required ?

> In the meantime, I am reassured by Tim's advice that reconstructing the
> pipeline for every track is reasonable.

It is, yet you do notice a glitch/interruption. For live video it can
be an issue.