[gst-devel] failure: no device event controller found.

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Fri Feb 8 19:59:02 CET 2008

On Tue, 2007-11-06 at 11:28 +0100, Tomas KRAMAR wrote:
> Hello,
> I am developing an application using a gstreamer backend. I got a
> bugreport, complaining about following errors:
>
> atk-bridge-WARNING **: failure: no device event controller found.
> sh: jackd: not found

sorry for the very late followup. i was just browing through some older
threads.

the message comes from JACK itself, and is caused by use on a system
where one or both of two things are occuring:

  1) the user has managed to get a JACK client started with an
       environment where PATH does not include the directory
       where the JACK server is installed.

  2) the system has attempted to fix a potential security leak
       in popen(3) by resetting PATH before executing the
       command supplied as an argument (OS X does this)

JACK 0.109.3 has fixed these issues.

--p