[gst-devel] xcompizsink

Jan Schmidt thaytan at mad.scientist.com
Wed Feb 27 17:23:04 CET 2008

<quote who="Wim Taymans">

> On Wed, 2008-02-27 at 14:32 +0200, Munky wrote:
> > I've been experimenting with GStreamer to implement Compiz video
> > plugin support. Got tired of that intel915/945 video overlay.
> > This is kinda alpha code. There is a issue with XOverlay that might be
> > related to Compiz video plugin itself: the xoverlay stays black.
> > Basicly it is a ximagesink copy/paste and because of that it's diff
> > for gst-plugins-base,
> > less messing with automake scripts etc.
> > Currently i've done only rgb support.
>
> Seems interesting. Can you please make a bug in bugzilla and attach a
> patch so that it does not get lost?

Just a note - this doesn't seem to me a very good candidate for inclusion
in -base. -good maybe, once it's been through the quality checks. Especially
since I don't consider the 'compiz video' standard to be anything other than
a nasty nasty hack.

J.
Jan Schmidt                                         thaytan at noraisin.net

<stibbons> Yeah.  The whole climax thing would make much more sense
           if I'd paid attention.