[gst-devel] gstmpegdemux no_more_pads

Mohit Garg mohit.hotpop at gmail.com
Thu Feb 28 13:14:48 CET 2008

Hi All

I am using gstreamer to work with MPEG-1 streams. However, I am unable to
get it working. The pipeline hangs and does not go to a PLAYING state. I
suspect the issues to be mpegdemux not sending no_more_pads() and hence
decodebin not being able to change stage to PLAYING which causes filesink to
be stuck in PAUSED and hence, not coming out of preroll-ing.

e.g. try this pipeline:
gst-launch -v gnomevfssrc location="
http://samples.mplayerhq.hu/MPEG1/mpeg_demuxer_crash.mpg" ! decodebin name=d
! filesink location=aud d. ! filesink location=vid

Questions:

   - Is this a known bug? If yes, is there a known/recommended
   workaround?
   - mpegdemux has a RANK of secondary and I was expecting that it would
   work straightaway while ffdemux_mpeg has a rank of NONE and hence decodebin
   does not pick it up. How is the RANK of elements decided?

(I am using gst-plugins-ugly-0.10.6)

Any help/pointers would be really helpful.

thanks and regards
Mohit