[gst-devel] [patch] video/x-raw-yuv, I420 support for directdrawsink

David Schleef ds at schleef.org
Thu Feb 28 19:12:58 CET 2008

On Thu, Feb 28, 2008 at 05:48:23PM +0100, Julien.Isorce at alumni.enseeiht.fr wrote:
> I would like to know if it is plan to add properties to choose different
> look for the directdrawsink and ximagesink (autovideosink in general) ?
> I mean, change the title of the window, and display system menu or not,
> and can resize or not the window.

The normal operation for a videosink is to be embedded in another window
using GstXOverlay.  This other window would be managed by your choice
of toolkit, i.e., Gtk+ or Qt on Linux.  Automatically creating a window
when not embedded is a handy feature for pipeline construction and
debugging, but it is not intended to be useful as an end-user interface.

dave...