[gst-devel] problem with filesink

Florent fthiery at gmail.com
Fri Feb 29 11:00:36 CET 2008

Hi

> I want to find out an element which works like filesink but need to change
> file location (file name) frequently. I tried filesink firstly, but it can only setlocation before the specified
> file opened and can not setlocation to it after it got EOS.

AFAIK, this is a known limitation. The only workaround i could found
sofar is blocking the pads of the filesink, switching it to a
fakesink, creating a new filesink with new location and linking it
back. However, this worked only on simple pipelines (videotestsrc,
single video pipeline), not complex ones (muxed ones).

I'd be glad to know more as well. What's the proper way to emit an
arbitrary EOS signal ?

FLo