[gst-devel] level meter for alsa

Lutz Müller lutz at topfrose.de
Sun Jan 6 18:10:32 CET 2008

Hello!

I'd like to implement level meters within gnome-volume-control (mock-up
attached). But in order to be able to implement that, the current audio
levels on alsa devices need to be advertised by GStreamer.

alsa-tools uses snd_ctl_elem_read and snd_ctl_elem_value_get_integer to
read the current level on a specific alsa device. I couldn't find a
reference to these functions in gst-plugins-base/ext/alsa.

Can you point me to the right GStreamer element/interface that can be
used by frontends to monitor the audio level on alsa devices (if it
exists)?

Regards

Lutz