[gst-devel] New Year Release-olutions

Jan Schmidt thaytan at noraisin.net
Thu Jan 10 17:25:41 CET 2008

Jan Schmidt wrote:
> One of my new year's resolutions this year is to be a better maintainer
> and release manager for GStreamer.

*snip*
> The proposed schedule is here:
> http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/wiki/ReleasePlanning2008
>
> Please, give it a read and let me know if anyone hates it. I expect the
> biggest possible controversy to be over the length of time I'm proposing
> freezes.

 From some suggestions on IRC, I've made a couple of changes:

* Edward Hervey has committed to doing Python releases parallel with the
Core/Base releases it wraps
* I made a note that we reserve the right to skip gst-ffmpeg releases if
not enough has changed for us to undertake testing it properly, since
gst-ffmpeg wraps a large number of codecs in a fast-moving codebase that
we don't control :)
* Edward will continue doing gnonlin releases as he sees fit and as time
allows :)
* The same might apply to David or other doing gst-opengl releases,
if/when we create the module.

Cheers,
Jan.