[gst-devel] strange problem on Nokia 770

Vinod Nanjaiah Vinod_Nanjaiah at mindtree.com
Fri Jan 11 09:55:00 CET 2008

Hi Stefan,
Thanks for the pointer.

I tried using this
/etc/osso-af-init/osso-media-server [stop|start].
But that didn't help in getting back the video.

I found out that the following command can be run to get video back. But only
problem is that it needs to be run in sudo mode.
/usr/sbin/dsp_dld -m /lib/dsp/modules/mpeg4.cmd

Now, I can't expect every user of N770 to have sudo access. So, I'm still
stuck with the problem.
Is there any work around possible?

Regards,
Vinod

Hi,

>Vinod Nanjaiah schrieb:
> Hi Stefan,
> There are no errors that I see on playback of video file using
> gst-launch-0.10. Its just that the video is not seen.
>
> I closed the video player before trying gst-launch.
> But, I am not aware of the media-engine process. How can I stop and start
it?

/etc/osso-af-init/media-engine stop

this is from the top of my head, so look around, if the filename is not 100%
correct.

Stefan

> Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2008 13:01:15 +0100
> From: Stefan Kost <ensonic at hora-obscura.de>
> Subject: Re: [gst-devel] strange problem on Nokia 770
>
> Hi,
>
> please tell use whats the error you get. Have you closed the video
> player? Try to stop the media-engine process.
>
> Stefan
>
> Quoting Vinod Nanjaiah <Vinod_Nanjaiah at mindtree.com>:
>
>> Hi!
>> I observed a strange problem on Nokia 770.
>>
>> After I playback video using the default video player on Nokia 770,
>> I can't playback video using gst-launch or the media player that I have
>> developed.
>>
>> If I reboot the device, I am able to playback video using gst-launch/my
>> player.
>>
>> Any pointers on how to deal with this problem?

DISCLAIMER:
This message (including attachment if any) is confidential and may be privileged. If you have received this message by mistake please notify the sender by return e-mail and delete this message from your system. Any unauthorized use or dissemination of this message in whole or in part is strictly prohibited.
E-mail may contain viruses. Before opening attachments please check them for viruses and defects. While MindTree Consulting Limited (MindTree) has put in place checks to minimize the risks, MindTree will not be responsible for any viruses or defects or any forwarded attachments emanating either from within MindTree or outside.
Please note that e-mails are susceptible to change and MindTree shall not be liable for any improper, untimely or incomplete transmission.
MindTree reserves the right to monitor and review the content of all messages sent to or from MindTree e-mail address. Messages sent to or from this e-mail address may be stored on the MindTree e-mail system or else where.