[gst-devel] how to use gst-launch for playing yuv video files without any header?

Nikhil Raveendranathan Nikhil_Raveendranathan at mindtree.com
Mon Jan 14 15:32:47 CET 2008

Hi,

I tried using gst-launch for playing yuv (I420) files in the following way:

 gst-launch filesrc location=test.yuv ! xvimagesink

Since I couldn't play the file, I also tried out a program with elements
filesrc, capsfilter and xvimagesink, setting caps with values for format,
framerate, width, height and aspect-ratio. I could see that the caps was
getting set for capsfilter element, and also upon checking out the negotiated
caps for xvimagesink, I could find that the same caps (as for capsfilter) are
getting set after caps negotiation. Now the file was getting played, but I
was only seeing some greenish images instead of the original video.

Has anyone tried this out before? Does anyone know why this is so?

Regards,

Nikhil Raveendranathan| Engineer, R & D Services| MindTree Consulting Ltd.
|West Campus, Phase-2, Global Village, RVCE Post, Mysore Road, Bangalore-560
059, INDIA |Voice +91 80 26264000 Extn: 66760 / Fax +91 80 26264100 | Mob :
9886044872 | email: nikhil_raveendranathan at mindtree.com|www.mindtree.com
<mailto:nikhil_raveendranathan at mindtree.com|www.mindtree.com>  |

DISCLAIMER:
This message (including attachment if any) is confidential and may be privileged. If you have received this message by mistake please notify the sender by return e-mail and delete this message from your system. Any unauthorized use or dissemination of this message in whole or in part is strictly prohibited.
E-mail may contain viruses. Before opening attachments please check them for viruses and defects. While MindTree Consulting Limited (MindTree) has put in place checks to minimize the risks, MindTree will not be responsible for any viruses or defects or any forwarded attachments emanating either from within MindTree or outside.
Please note that e-mails are susceptible to change and MindTree shall not be liable for any improper, untimely or incomplete transmission.
MindTree reserves the right to monitor and review the content of all messages sent to or from MindTree e-mail address. Messages sent to or from this e-mail address may be stored on the MindTree e-mail system or else where.