[gst-devel] TI OMAP DSP support

Felipe Contreras felipe.contreras at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 19:45:29 CET 2008

On Jan 16, 2008 6:30 PM, g c <the_ether2 at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> I read somewhere that GStreamer has a TI OMAP plug-in
> but I couldn't find any mention of it in the overview
> of all plug-ins documentation.

There is different DSP stuff coming from TI. For OMAP they provide
OpenMAX IL wrappers for their DSP codecs, which in turn can be used in
GStreamer with gst-openmax.

> 1- Can you confirm whether it is available;
>
> If yes:

I can't find any information regarding OpenMAX IL support for the
OMAP2420, but it's supposed to be supported:

http://www.khronos.org/consumers/product_details/omap2430_processor/

Perhaps you can ask in customer support.

> 2a- Does it accelerate video decompression or does it
> just streamline some part of the process?

The video decompression is completely executed in DSP side.

> 2b- If yes, does it accelerate xvid or ffmpeg
> decompression?

They'll have to support OpenMAX IL.

> 3- Does it support the TI OMAP2420?
>
> Thanks in advance for any guidance.

I have been using these codecs for a while, but I don't know what's
the public status.

Best regards.

--
Felipe Contreras