[gst-devel] [gst-cvs] slomo gst-plugins-bad: gst-plugins-bad/ gst-plugins-bad/ext/soundtouch/

Florent fthiery at gmail.com
Tue Jan 29 20:01:42 CET 2008

> IMHO there's no need for a special message for this. We have a BPM tag
> and tags are send as a message too... so... :)

Ok

> Also the tag is sent every time the BPM changes by more than 1 and there
> actually is a BPM value available.

Well, what if you want to fire a graphical event (ex: light?) for
every beat ? I'd like to sync things based on beats + bpm rate.

* Do you think the initial bpm message + bpm measurement would be
precise enough to sync at once (beat(t) = initial_time + time*1/bpm) ?
* When the bpm is changing for more than 1, would the new message be
right after a beat ?