[gst-devel] qtdemux, stsz sample size != 0, and files that won't play...

Edward Averill edaverill at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 30 20:17:15 CET 2008

Ok, I have two 3GP files with QCELP audio payload that seem to cause qtdemux to do The Wrong Thing.

What I'm seeing is that, for these two files, they have an stsz sample size of 17, which since it isn't equal to zero causes qtdemux to treat chunks as samples, which seems to be a Bad Thing as the data forwarded to my QCELP decoder is improperly formatted (the header byte isn't where it's expected).

Is this "working as designed" and these test files are out of spec, or is there something else going on here?  I have plenty of other 3GP/QCELP audio files that play flawlessly...

All assistance appreciated.

..ed..