[gst-devel] AAC-HE in an MP4, qtdemux, and ESDS

Edward Averill edaverill at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 1 00:04:26 CEST 2008

Ok, I'm seeing some interesting behavior with qtdemux when it's fed an MP4 file containing AAC-HE audio only.

Qtdemux pulls out an ESDS that's two bytes long, that appears to indicate that the audio in the file is AAC-LC, not AAC-HE (the exact bytes in codec_data are "1408").

In digging through the code it doesn't appear that there's any special processing outside parsing the ESDS, so I'm thinking that qtdemux doesn't need to do "anything special" for AAC-HE audio and that it's just properly passing on the ESDS data and there's something funny about the test file (or my decoder is sick).

Comments, suggestions, ideas?

..ed..