[gst-devel] RtpMux and RtpDemux

Thomas Winkler wi-tom at gmx.de
Tue Jul 1 14:31:28 CEST 2008

Hi all!

Currently I'm trying to stream audio+video over rtp.

This schematic should explain what I want to do (the pipes are not complete
for more clearness):

Sender Side:

=========

Audio-Source ---> audioencode ---> audiopayload ---->

----> RtpMuxer ----> RtpBin (Rtp Src) ----> UdpSink

Video-Source ---> videoencode ---> videopayload ----->

Receiver Side:

==========

------> audiodepayload ---> audiodecode ---> audio-render

UdpSrc ---> RtpBin (Rtp Sink) ---> RtpDemuxer --->

------> videodepayload ---> videodecode ---> video-render

Is this Construct possible?

I'm using the "rtpmux" and "gstrtpptdemux" modules. My problem is that just
one Pad is created on the receiver pad, but I want 2 pads.

If I connect the video-source-pipe to the rtpmux sink_0 AND
audio-source-pipe to the rtpmux sink_1 on my receiver side only audio pad is
created (src_8) (the second connected on the server-side)

If I remove on the server-side only the link between audio-source-pipe and
rtpmux, on my server the video pad is created (src_96)

But never both - I get only one time the "pad-added" signal of my demux
element.

Anybody knows my problem?

Greetings,

Thomas