[gst-devel] Error playing video streams

Thomas Winkler wi-tom at gmx.de
Tue Jul 1 16:17:48 CEST 2008

Did you tried to launch that pipeline outside of an x-forwarded shell?
For example - if you try to start that pipeline in a console outside of x-server-session you can't use xvimagesink als renderer. So you have to use directfb instead.

But if you started your pipeline in a x-forwarded shell (like in gnome for example) - the xvimagesink should be accessable.

You have also possibility to switch to debug-levels.
You can specify an Environment variable GST_DEBUG or you use in your pipeline the parameter --gst-debug-level for more output information.

For example:
gst-launch -v playbin uri=file:///root/test.flv --gst-debug-level=3

greetings,
Thomas

-------- Original-Nachricht --------