[gst-devel] 来自liangzhihong1984 at 126.com的邮件

Edward Hervey bilboed at gmail.com
Thu Jul 3 13:39:25 CEST 2008

On Thu, 2008-07-03 at 19:32 +0800, liangzhihong1984 wrote:
>  I want do develop a HDV video conference application, and was doing
> some test to make sure whether GStreamer can help me to do this.
> Because it needs RTP, RTCP, are they supported by GStreamer? can
> anybody give me a answer.Thanks.

  You should be aware that HDV cameras will NOT output the encoded
mpeg/ts stream instantaneously (as opposed to standard DV)... so you
will have a big latency between what is shot and what is received on the
firewire bus (we're talking latencies of 1-2 seconds here, which is
unacceptable for any kind of live video-conferencing solution).