[gst-devel] How to send raw stream to network

Florent Thiery florent.thiery at ubicast.eu
Thu Jul 3 15:56:42 CEST 2008

Hi

> I would like to send raw camera stream to the network, and I would like
> to know what is the best way to do it with GStreamer.
> gst-launch-0.10 -v videotestsrc !
> video/x-raw-yuv,width=1360,height=1024,framerate=\(fraction\)20/1 !
> gdppay ! tcpserversink port=5000
>
> and this for client:
>
> gst-launch-0.10 tcpclientsrc port=5000 ! gdpdepay ! ffmpegcolorspace  !
> xvimagesink
>
> but it doesn't work as I expect.

For more debug/info, export GST_DEBUG=3

> What I'm missing ?

You might just have mistyped, but you'd need to specify the host ip in
the client tcpserversrc...

I tried using such raw features as well, but with not-so-good results
(notably, concerning sync/reliability). Also, transferring raw YUV
frames can be a bit network-killing !

FLo