[gst-devel] how to

Benoit Fouet benoit.fouet at purplelabs.com
Wed Jul 9 09:49:55 CEST 2008

Hi,

(please keep the list as CC)

Rahul Nikose wrote:
> Hi Benoit,
>        I am trying to develop mp4  parser for 3gp media player. mp4
> file can only be parse into audio and video file only when mp4 file
> get completely open.
>         So it's convenient to us to make file opening and parsing done
> at same place
> So I trying to  create Source where file opening and parsing will done
> at same
> place.
>        Following is my plan..
>  1.  Creating Mp4parser.c by coping existing GstBaseSrc.c file
>  2.  Adding new pad and new functionalities for handling new pad
>  3.  Add new API for mp4 file parsing.
>
>  My object hierarchy would be like this
> Gobject
>    GstObject
>        GstElement
>             mp4parser (equivalent to GstBasesrc)
> What do think about this plan.....

I think you should stop it right now :)

> Would like to suggest some more ideas.

yes: see qtdemux element.
your source is one file, so your flow output is one flow.
then you have to demultiplex this data flow, and the demuxer element
will handle that for you, and create as many source pads as needed, and
informing you when it does so.
see the application examples on GStreamer web site.

--
Benoit Fouet
Purple Labs S.A.