[gst-devel] GStreamer summit in Istanbul

Jan Schmidt thaytan at noraisin.net
Fri Jul 11 14:44:23 CEST 2008

On Thu, 2008-07-10 at 15:51 +0200, Julien Moutte wrote:
> Hi Jan,
>
> Thanks for writing down what's been discussed there.
>
> I personally have no strong opinion about git or other DVCS.

Neither, since I have no vast experience with any of them.

> I'd like to choose the best one though as I don't really consider the
> resources for migrating as being a real problem and I don't think we are
> really in a situation where choosing a DVCS would turn away
> developers/contributors (I guess...).
>
> Canonical proposed bazaar and apparently they are willing to help. I've
> heard great things about it and it might interesting to get their
> feedback about why bazaar would be better than git ?

That's somewhat like what I was thinking a month or two ago. Since then,
I've learned that the other guys around us have collectively enough
experience with both of those options to be comfortable that either one
is a fine choice for our project, and the decision is not strongly based
on feature differences. Now, I'm of the opinion that it really is about
whether or not we have people around willing to actually do the work,
and whether they're going to stick around to keep it running once it's
done.

J.

Jan Schmidt <thaytan at noraisin.net>