[gst-devel] gst-plugins-gl status and direction

Jan Schmidt thaytan at noraisin.net
Wed Jul 16 10:05:02 CEST 2008

On Tue, 2008-07-15 at 19:39 -0700, David Schleef wrote:
> After heckling me almost daily for weeks as I tried to find the time
> to compile and run his code, I've finally approved Julien Isorce's
> gst-plugins-gl development work.  He's gone so far beyond what I
> originally did for gst-plugins-gl.  The code is currently being
> migrated from an external repository to a git repository hosted
> (temporarily) on diracvideo.org.
>
> Meanwhile, fargolias has been working in CVS on his GSoC project for
> cheese.  The CVS repository has also been imported into git, and
> Julien and I are working to merge the two branches.
>
> Code at:
>
>   git://diracvideo.org/git/gst-plugins-gl.git
>
> Right now, the main goal is to get everything merged without impacting
> fargolias's project too much, and then to stabilize for a release.

That is thoroughly awesome! I'm looking forward to finding time to try
it all out :)

Thanks for the update!

Let me know what you want to do with releases. I'd think at this stage
it's probably worth keeping gst-plugins-gl on its own release cycle, but
it might be worth adding into the timed release schedule later.

J.
--
Jan Schmidt <thaytan at noraisin.net>