[gst-devel] How to sync audio and video with a DVB src ?

Julien Pauty julien.pauty at gmail.com
Wed Jul 16 17:46:25 CEST 2008

Hello,

I'm writing an application to watch DVB-T tv. I'm using the dvbsrc and the
flutsdemux elements. Unfortunatelly, I can't get the sound and video in
sync: the sound is always a bit late. This is the pipeline I came up with:

gst-launch -v dvbsrc do-timestamp=true modulation=AUTO trans-mode=AUTO
bandwidth=AUTO frequency=586000000 code-rate-lp=AUTO  guard=AUTO
hierarchy=NONE pids=16:17:18:110:120:130:140 ! flutsdemux  name=demux
program-number=257 !  queue max-size-buffers=0 max-size-time=0 !  mpeg2dec
! xvimagesink sync=false  demux. ! queue max-size-buffers=0 max-size-time=0
! mad ! alsasink sync=false

I got there using some source files from flumotion, but I am a bit stuck
now. I tried to tune various parameters such the "slave-method" and
"provide-clock" of the alsasink. I also tried to change parameters on the
dvbsrc. This improves synchronization a bit, but the result is never in
sync. After all those trials I thought that I probably do something wrong.

Thank you for your help,

Julien