[gst-devel] Set Video caps after playing

Alexandre airmind at gmail.com
Thu Jul 17 01:34:12 CEST 2008

> On Wed, Jul 16, 2008 at 5:47 PM, thiagoss <thiagossantos at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>  You can get the caps when decodebin adds a new pad, and at this time you
> analyze its caps to decide if you need videoscale or not.
>
> -thiago

But as far as I know, those caps describe what could be negociated (from pad
templates), not the actual data.
For the video streams I'm trying, all it reports is 'video/x-raw-rgb;
video/x-raw-yuv'.
I need to change the caps after they have been negociated.
I think I might have to write an element for this, and implement caps
negociation as shown in
http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/doc/gstreamer/head/pwg/html/section-nego-downstream.html
But it will be complicated. Is there a better option?

Thanks,
Alexandre

--
Alexandre Rosenfeld