[gst-devel] Google Summer of Code project status

thiagoss thiagossantos at gmail.com
Thu Jul 17 18:06:45 CEST 2008

I'm the student in the mp4muxer project. Project updates are blogged (weekly
or sooner if I have news) here: thiagossantos.blogspot.com

I'm focusing into the .mov (qt) spec first, it was the simplest one I found
so far.
Currently, I´ve just added support for raw video formats (rgb and one
specific format of yuv), and I already added support for some audio formats
(mp3 and raw audio). Why doing raw first?
Because I can get any media type and decode into raw and multiplex into a
.mov file, besides that, they don't require any extra format specific atoms
(which are not contained in the qt or mp4 specs).

Right now, I can only have one audio track or one video track (exclusive
or), I'm starting to work on the real multiplexing of the media data.

Code is hosted here: http://gforge.embedded.ufcg.edu.br/scm/?group_id=122

Also, I'm thiagoss at IRC, feel free to talk to me anytime. I'd like to hear
your critics and suggestions.

And thanks to David Schleef, who has provided me with example files that
helped a lot to undestand the spec.

On Wed, Jul 16, 2008 at 8:41 PM, Alexandre <airmind at gmail.com> wrote:

> I would like that too.
>
> For my GSoC project for the Gnome foundation, I'm very interested in the
> MP4 muxer, are there any news in that project?
>
> Btw, the Gnome folks requires weekly reports for us. It's a good
> opportunity to have a look at how the work is going on on other projects and
> to take a bigger picture of the project.
>
> --
> Alexandre Rosenfeld
>
> EngComp 06 - USP São Carlos

Thiago Sousa Santos

Embedded Systems and Pervasive Computing Lab (Embedded)
Center of Electrical Engineering and Informatics (CEEI)
Federal University of Campina Grande (UFCG)