[gst-devel] Using qtwrapper with flip4mac

Michael Smith msmith at xiph.org
Thu Jul 17 23:42:43 CEST 2008

On Thu, Jul 17, 2008 at 2:05 PM, Dres <dres.schuler at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have been trying to play back Windows Media content using gstreamer on the
> Mac. I have installed the flip4mac decoders, which allow me to play back WMV
> files using the QuickTime player.

Great! Lots of people are interested in this - I am, for one.

It sounds like you're on the right track - it's just that you probably
need to do something else as well to make things work right. I don't
think there's any easy way to find out what, though, unfortunately.

One potentially useful approach is to run a working application (like
the quicktime player - but it'd be better to use a simpler bit of
code, like something from the quicktime sample applications), and then
look at it using a debugger - find what's being called differently, or
what extra data is being passed, etc. Then duplicate this in the
gstreamer plugins. Iterate until it works!

Good luck - this'd be great to have.

Mike