[gst-devel] Issue regarding pushing data

Rahul Nikose rahul.nikose at gmail.com
Mon Jul 21 14:09:36 CEST 2008

Hi Everyone,

     I have develop demuxer which pull data from filesrc  then I parse data
inside my demuxer .
     I have implemented activate_pull and  _loop() ..so to pull data from
Filesrc
     I am able to pull data and parse header , but after parsing data when i
am trying to push
     data into decoder.....I see nothing happening ( same pipeline work with
gstremer QTdemux element.)

      Inside _loop function I have implemented
      1.  find_video_cap() ..which will find appropriate cap
      2.  gst_pad_set_caps (filter->srcpad_video, caps)  which will set caps
on srcpad
      3.  gst_buffer_set_caps (buf,caps);     which will set caps onto
buffer
      4.  Also set required field inside buffer
              gst_buffer_set_data ( buf, pData, nLength);
              GST_BUFFER_SIZE (buf)       =  nLength;
              GST_BUFFER_TIMESTAMP(buf)   = pMilliSec/1000000;  (convert
milisec into nano sec and then insert)
      5.  gst_pad_push (GST_PAD_CAST(filter->srcpad_video), buf);  this
will  push buffer to decoder..

            Is there somthing I am missing ..... Give me some clue..
--
Thanks and warm Regards
Rahul S. Nikose