[gst-devel] Setting volume for playbin

Ganesh Kundapur ganesh.kundapur at gmail.com
Tue Jul 22 11:03:20 CEST 2008

I used the below code to set the volume.

        play = gst_element_factory_make ( "playbin", "play" );
        g_object_set ( G_OBJECT(play), "uri", argv[1], NULL );
        g_object_set ( G_OBJECT(play), "volume", 10.0, NULL );

I muted the volume by using the volume control and played the audio file
with volume range 1.0 and 10.0. I'm able to hear the sound but couldnt
make out the difference between the range 1.0 and 10.0 as the sound emitted
for the range 1.0 and 10.0 seems to be same.

I raised the volume to the full by using volume control, i got the same
behavior as above. It seems for the volume range 1.0 and 10.0, sound
is same. I could make a slight difference for the range 0.1/0.2.

  Moreover if i give the volume as int/unsigned int rather than double as
g_object_set ( G_OBJECT(play), "volume", 3, NULL ); it throws a runtime
error
(a.out:13506): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: IA__g_object_set_valist: object
class `GstPlayBin' has no property named `\x81\xc3\xdb\xc4\u0003'.

Is there any way to get/set the balance level?

/Ganesh