[gst-devel] [gst-cvs] tvermeir gstreamer: gstreamer/ gstreamer/libs/gst/base/

Tim-Philipp Müller t.i.m at zen.co.uk
Thu Jul 24 17:05:39 CEST 2008

On Thu, 2008-07-24 at 07:48 -0700, tvermeir at kemper.freedesktop.org
wrote:

> http://freedesktop.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/gstreamer/gstreamer/libs/gst/base/gstbasesrc.c.diff?r1=1.161&r2=1.162
> http://freedesktop.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/gstreamer/gstreamer/libs/gst/base/gstbasesrc.h.diff?r1=1.48&r2=1.49

This is an installed header; you can't just remove members from the
GstBaseSrc structure, it breaks ABI.

Besides that field is marked as protected / available to subclass
implementations, so arguably we'd also be breaking API if we render it
non-effective all of a sudden (not that I'm aware of anything using it
or against this change, it should just not be done without a general
consensus that it's probably ok to do so).

Cheers
 -Tim