[gst-devel] MediaServices GSoC project discussion

Tim-Philipp Müller t.i.m at zen.co.uk
Fri Jul 25 10:59:55 CEST 2008

On Thu, 2008-07-24 at 23:09 -0300, Roberto Fagá wrote:

Hi,

> [H]ow can I presume that all mp3 encoders have bitrate and
> quality properties, with these exactly names?

You can't really, I think. We don't have interfaces for this yet or even
de-facto standards. It's different for each element. Not sure what you
can do about that in the short term (other than maybe make sure they all
support a number of certain profiles which you could then select by
name).

> ..., but we have some formats that the input is the same of output
> (like id3v2mux), so how can I exactly do this?

id3v2mux's output will (should) always be application/x-id3 whatever the
input format.

 Cheers
  -Tim