[gst-devel] Reading and displaying a rtsp stream

Aurelien Grimaud gstelzz at yahoo.fr
Thu Jul 31 20:57:35 CEST 2008

Beside, in your paste, there is no ffmpegcolorspace at all.
I tried your pipeline with some movies (audio/video).
gst-launch -v rtspsrc location=rtsp://localhost/sample_100kbit.mp4 ! decodebin ! ffmpegcolorspace ! textoverlay text="Hello Wolrld" ! autovideosink

When I have a ffmpegcolorspace before textoverlay, it is always ok.
when not, pipeline always fails to link.

Best is ffmpegcolorspace does nothing : caps on src and sink are the same.

This also works if ffmpegcolorspace is replaced by any element with "always pads" like videoscale or videorate.

I think this is a gst-launch negotiation problem : decodebin has a "sometimes" src pad and textoverlay has 2 sink pads.

It also works without ffmpegcolorspace if you change textoverlay to clockoverlay (1 sink pad) or timeoverlay