[gst-devel] Quiet output from playbin on maemo

Jeffrey Barish jeff_barish at earthlink.net
Thu Jun 5 14:32:10 CEST 2008

I have been using playbin to output ogg files on Linux and Windows
platforms.  Recently, I tried moving the code to maemo (Nokia N800).  I get
an output, but it's very quiet.  When I multiply the playbin volume
parameter by 8, the volume is about normal, but then the signal is
distorted.  Is there another parameter that could be affecting loudness
(e.g., pan)?  Where can I find a list of parameters?  Is there some other
way to account for the problem?  Does anyone happen to know of an N800
application that uses playbin?  Other applications I have tested on the
platform (e.g., Media player) do produce an output at a normal loudness.
--
Jeffrey Barish