[gst-devel] rtsp is broken

Farkas Levente lfarkas at lfarkas.org
Wed Jun 11 16:19:05 CEST 2008

Wim Taymans wrote:
> On Wed, 2008-06-11 at 15:32 +0200, Farkas Levente wrote:
>> hi,
>> we now test 6 different ip camera which support rtsp with similar
>> command line:
>> gst-launch playbin uri=rtsp://192.168.2.90/live.sdp
>> unfortunately only one working with all other crash with different
>> errors. the biggest problem is that's not the cameras fault or at least
>> all camera's rtsp works with vlc and mplayer. so only gstreamer fails:-(
>> is there any way how can find the reason of these problems? is there any
>> plan to fix rtsp support in gstreamer?
>
> It works for me. when you make a bugzilla report with a backtrace of a
> crash, debug logs and the output of:
>
> gst-launch rtspsrc debug=1 location=rtsp://..
>
> we will be able to fix any other issues you might have.

ok. my first question:
- what is the recommended command line to test rtsp? in vlc and mplayer
it's simple the url. in gstreamer we use eg:
gst-launch playbin uri=rtsp://192.168.2.90/live2.sdp
- in the attached example we use these commands:

gst-launch rtspsrc debug=1 location=rtsp://192.168.2.90/live.sdp !
decodebin ! queue ! xvimagesink &>good.txt

gst-launch rtspsrc debug=1 location=rtsp://192.168.2.100/live.sdp !
decodebin ! queue ! xvimagesink &>bad.txt

gst-launch rtspsrc debug=1 location=rtsp://admin:admin@192.168.2.109/ !
decodebin ! queue ! xvimagesink &>ugly.txt

anc ctrl-c to stop. the good working the last two case (bad, ugly),
there was not any xv window at all so we just hit ctrl-c after about 1
minutes.
all of the above url working with vlc and mplayer from the same host.
what else can i do to get backtrace or other logs?
thank you for your help in advance.
yours.