[gst-devel] How to set a parent Windows ID for directdrawsink

Thomas Winkler wi-tom at gmx.de
Tue Jun 17 17:43:42 CEST 2008

Hi all,

gst-plugins-good contains "directdrawsink" as synonym of "xvimagesink" for
Windows OS and works properly for me.

I have read the Reference Documentation about "directdrawsink" on

http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/doc/gstreamer/head/gst-plugins-good-pl
ugins/html/gst-plugins-good-plugins-directdrawsink.html

The Description for that Element is:

"DirectdrawSink renders video RGB frames to any win32 window. This element
can receive a window ID from the application through the XOverlay interface
and will then render video frames in this window. If no Window ID was
provided by the application, the element will create its own internal window
and render into it."

My Question is how to set the Window ID. The only property I found is
"force-aspect-ratio".

So, what can I do to tell my "directdrawsink" the Window ID from my
Application Window?

Best regards,

Thomas