[gst-devel] mime type of stream in playbin

Israël Prince-Béliveau ipbeliveau at classeaudio.com
Thu Jun 19 15:14:47 CEST 2008

Hi,

well, the thing is I've been able to use playbin instead of decodebin for everything in my software, but this. If I understand, I can do the same thing with decodebin but I have to do things manually(create every pads). All of my src streams are souphttpsrc. Do I have access to similar mechanism for uri handling, network buffering, end of stream, volume? Sorry for all the questions. The most simple thing for me would be to have some kind of message on the bus or a callback when the stream type as been found.

The instruction that you gave me, are they using decodebin? If I look at the example code on chapter 19, I don't see anything about buffers in there. I don't want to be reinveting the wheel neither.

Thanks a lot.

Israel