[gst-devel] How to specify type of sink or src pad in gstrtpbin

Thomas Winkler wi-tom at gmx.de
Thu Jun 26 19:23:55 CEST 2008

Thanks a lot !

That's exactly what I was looking for and UDPSink/UDPSrc now connects to my
RtpBin correct.

But I have one more problem.

The following two elements wouldn't connect on this way:

GstElement* m_gstrtpbin = gst_element_factory_make("gstrtpbin", "rtpbin");

GstElement* m_udpsource = gst_element_factory_make("udpsrc", "udpsource");

GstElement* m_depayloader = gst_element_factory_make("rtph263pdepay",
"vrp_depay");

GstPad* rtp_receiverSrc = gst_element_get_request_pad(m_gstrtpbin,
"recv_rtp_src_0");

GstPad* rtp_receiverSink = gst_element_get_request_pad(m_gstrtpbin,
"recv_rtp_sink_0");

GstPad* udpsourceSrc = gst_element_get_static_pad(m_udpsource, "src");

GstPad* depayloaderSink = gst_element_get_static_pad(m_depayloader, "sink");

gst_pad_link(udpsourceSrc, rtp_receiverSink);              <---------- works
fine

gst_pad_link(rtp_receiverSrc, depayloaderSink);            <---------- at
this point the app crashes

Ok, I've read the Reference again and I saw that the "recv_rtp_src" has the
Availability-Prop "Sometimes" which means that the Pad is created dynamical
when a Stream comes in.

So I decided to add a signal-watch function:

static GstElement* m_vid_depayloader = m_depayloader;

static void cb_new_pad(GstElement* element, GstPad* pad, gpointer data)

{

gchar* name;

      name = gst_pad_get_name(pad);

      g_print("A new pad %s was created\n", name);

      g_free(name);

GstPad* vidDepayloadSink = gst_element_get_static_pad(m_vid_depayloader,
"sink");

      gst_pad_link(pad, vidDepayloadSink);

}

And in my Application I added the signal-watcher:

g_signal_connect (m_gstrtpbin, "?????", G_CALLBACK (cb_new_pad), NULL);

But what signal is the right signal for my pad-creation?

gstrtbin has only: "request-pt-map", "on-new-ssrc", "on-ssrc-collision",
"on-ssrc-validated", "on-ssrc-active", "on-ssrc-sdes", "on-bye-ssrc",
"on-bye-timeout", "on-timeout"

Do I have the change to force a creation of a pad or do I have to connect
them in another way?

Hope someone can help me.

Greetings,

Thomas